This Inception process goal describes how our team will ensure that what we’re about to do reflects the overall strategy of our organization. We will want to understand both the technical and business strategies that are relevant to our situation and to identify existing assets that we can leverage to streamline what we’re doing. To be effective, we need to consider several important questions:
- What are the standards and guidelines we should follow?
- What templates should we adopt?
- What teams, such as the enterprise architects or data administrators, should we be working with and how will we engage with them?
- How will we go about reusing existing enterprise assets?
- What governance strategy will we need to work under?
Most of the strategies/practices referenced in the goal diagram above are described, including the tradeoffs involved and considerations for when (not) to apply them, in the book Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD): A Practitioners Guide to Agile Software Delivery in the Enterprise.