This Inception process goal describes how we will approach creating an initial plan for our team. Although the details will emerge throughout Construction, we still should think about how we’re going to work together and the general timing of that work. To be effective, we need to consider several important questions:
- Who will be involved in planning?
- What is the scope of our planning effort?
- What is our overall strategy driving this plan?
- How detailed should our plan be?
- What cadences will the team adopt?
- What approach to estimating will we take?
Most of the strategies/practices referenced in the goal diagram above are described, including the tradeoffs involved and considerations for when (not) to apply them, in the book Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD): A Practitioners Guide to Agile Software Delivery in the Enterprise.