This Inception process goal describes how we will elicit and capture the initial requirements for our solution. We want to do just enough work to understand what our stakeholders want so that we can confidently begin Construction. To be effective, we need to consider several important questions:
- What level of detail do we need to capture?
- How will we explore the ways that people will potentially use the solution?
- How will we explore domain concepts, the business process(es) to be supported by the solution, UI requirements, and general requirements?
- How will we capture non-functional requirements?
- How will we approach modeling activities?
- How will changing requirements be managed throughout Construction?
Most of the strategies/practices referenced in the goal diagram above are described, including the tradeoffs involved and considerations for when (not) to apply them, in the book Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD): A Practitioners Guide to Agile Software Delivery in the Enterprise.