This Inception process goal describes how we will build our initial team. Although we expect the team to evolve over time, right now we need to get it started. To do this we need to consider team structure, membership, and organizational concerns. To be effective, we need to consider several important questions:
- Where will team members come from?
- How do we intend to evolve the team over time?
- How large should the team be?
- How will sub-teams be organized (if we need them)?
- What type of team members do we need?
- How long will the team exist?
- Where will team members be located?
- How will we support the team?
- How available will team members be?
Most of the strategies/practices referenced in the goal diagram above are described, including the tradeoffs involved and considerations for when (not) to apply them, in the book Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD): A Practitioners Guide to Agile Software Delivery in the Enterprise.