This Inception process goal describes how we will identify an architecture strategy, or potential strategies, for producing a solution for our stakeholders. To be effective, we need to consider several important questions:
- To what level of detail do we need to go to?
- What models, or views, should we produce?
- What will our approach to modeling be?
- How many architectural strategies should we consider?
- What is our overall strategy for producing a solution? Will we buy or build?
Most of the strategies/practices referenced in the goal diagram above are described, including the tradeoffs involved and considerations for when (not) to apply them, in the book Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD): A Practitioners Guide to Agile Software Delivery in the Enterprise.