This ongoing process goal describes how we will ensure that our team will take advantage of, and hopefully improve, our existing organizational assets. To be effective, we need to consider several important questions:
- What guidelines should we adopt and follow?
- What technical assets, such as services and legacy systems, can we reuse?
- What existing data sources can we access?
- What practices and procedures can we adopt?
- What can we give back to the rest of our organization?
Most of the strategies/practices referenced in the goal diagram above are described, including the tradeoffs involved and considerations for when (not) to apply them, in the book Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD): A Practitioners Guide to Agile Software Delivery in the Enterprise.