This Construction process goal describes how our team will ensure that our solution is ready to be deployed. This goal addresses testing, configuration management, documentation, and deployment aspects of development. To be effective, we need to consider several important questions:
- How will we deploy our solution?
- How will we manage the assets that we produce?
- How will we document our work?
- Do we need to maintain traceability, and if so how will we do it?
- What planning do we need to perform to successfully deploy?
- How will we verify and validate our solution?
Most of the strategies/practices referenced in the goal diagram above are described, including the tradeoffs involved and considerations for when (not) to apply them, in the book Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD): A Practitioners Guide to Agile Software Delivery in the Enterprise.
Related Process Goals
- Move Closer to a Deployable Release (detailed blog posting)